Rogue Games will soon launch five new games for the Google Play Pass mobile game subscription service.
The games are Outsider, The Arcade, Bright Paw, Olo Loco and Super Glitch Dash. They are Rogue's first titles to debut on the new Google service, which puts together a collection of games and apps for Android players. And it comes after Rogue has released other titles for the competing Apple Arcade service.
Matt Casamassina, chief strategy officer at Rogue Games in Los Angeles, said in an email that these games represent some of Rogue's best deals. "We strongly believe in the Netflix of Games model, which is why we are one of the largest publishers for Apple Arcade," said Casamassina. "By introducing these five new games into Google Play Pass, we're expanding our leadership position in subscription games and expanding our reach to the robust Google Play Pass ecosystem."
The Google Play Pass was first launched in the U.S. in September and has grown to more than 500 Android games and apps. Everyone is free from ads and in-app purchases.
Here's more about each game:
- outsider – An existential horror adventure that challenges players to solve puzzles as they uncover the secrets of a story in which mankind appears to be mysteriously extinct. Developed by Once a Bird.
- Light paw – a narrative puzzle experience in which you play as a curious cat who is determined to solve the murder of his super villain owner. On the way, he will unravel an action and solve increasingly complex tactical puzzles. Developed by Radical Forge.
- Super glitch dash – A twitchy runner defying gravity and turning the world upside down as players run through labyrinthine environments and avoid dangers. Developed by David Marquardt.
- Olo Loco – a minimalist social multiplayer game inspired by the shuffleboard. Challenge friends or random players to highly strategic asynchronous games. Developed by Sennep.
- The arcade – Play over 20 unique retro classics inspired by the games you grew up with. Developed by Nosebleed Interactive.
Indie developers are always looking for new tools and services to reach players in new ways, said Casamassina. Previously, many of these creative and ambitious games may not have had the resources to go global.
Each of the above games will launch with the Google Play Pass this summer. Other titles will be announced later in the summer and will appear in the fall.
Rogue's other titles include Oz: Broken Kingdom, Sociable Football, Wild Life: Puzzle Story, Hexaflip: The Action Puzzler and Super Impossible Road.
Casamassina said the titles will initially be for the Google Play Pass. But at some point the company would like to offer the games to players of all kinds, including players on Switch and other consoles.